The Database Specialist provides effective and user-friendly data and information support for the successful operation of Education, MSWSPN and FLHCON development operations. He/she is responsible for all prospect and student data, assuring a high degree of accuracy, effectiveness and confidentiality in its use. He/she is responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of critical educational processes and projects, He/she is adept at creating financial and analytical reports for staff and Director. Must appreciate the need for a highly professional office environment in order to secure and retain students and employees. He/she must demonstrate accuracy, sound judgment
and excellence in data upkeep, management and use. He/she is responsible for coordinating training for new staff. Key duties include timely updating of and importing/exporting of records, serving as technical liaison with research and solicitation-support vendors, and providing information support to the Director. The Database Specialist may be asked to do periodic research on new software prospects.
Minimum: Degree in information technology or computers.
Preferred: Nursing Degree, or other related clinical degree
- Strong proficiency in database and information management, including
exporting/importing, designing reports, and day-to-day updates and maintenance
- 1-2 years; experience using Net Learning or other experience with LMS highly desirable
- Proven ability to define and manage data projects with minimal supervision, including the selection and sorting of data, creating spreadsheets, segmented
prospect lists, and other analytical tools
- Demonstrated skills in presenting data in user-friendly formats
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including
spreadsheets, mail-merges, and other direct- mail activities
- Demonstrated record of highly accurate data input, additions, changes, deletions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in managing student/employee data (or comparable knowledge)
- Keen ability to respect and safeguard confidentiality of all data
- Working knowledge of leading information databases and how to use them for educational purposes
- Effective and professional people skills to complement the demands of a small, efficient development operation that has continuous interactions with the public, internal customers and external vendors
- Prior nursing or clinical Experience, healthcare informatics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, multi- entity,multicultural health system and with the public.
- Ability to make qualitative, quantitative and cost-effective decisions.
- Experienced at operating computerized equipment and software and possesses technical skill to mentor end users.