Licensed Practical Nurse- Plastic Surgery | Full time
Our client one of the top plastic surgeons in the region has a rare opening for a LPN to join their progressive team. If you are a top performer looking to become part of a team that is always gaining knowledge and growing in their field,with an opportunity to work alongside of one of the best…. this may be the opportunity for you!
The LPN is responsible for performing clinical duties and assisting or setting up minor procedures for the clinical practice.
LPN is responsible for assisting in the care of both facial and body plastic postoperative clients. This is a full time position that requires approximately 90% of time standing/walking and about 10% of time sitting. No heavy lifting is involved.
- LPN Licensure from accredited school of nursing
- CPR certified
- More than 2 years’ experience as a LPN in the field of medicine.
- Work Experience with Dermatology and / or Plastic Surgery is a plus but not mandatory
- Experience and use of electronic medical records
- Understands proper way to educate clients, assess learning response.
- Ability to assess client and identify medical needs/concerns and the ability to communicate this to supervisory MD or NP provider.
- Ability to triage patients.
- Knowledge and ability to remove sutures, drains, dressings with thorough physical assessment skills. (Applicant will be trained on proper technique with our patient population)
- Ability to identify infection or hematoma
- Training in basic clinical/medical procedures.
- Basic computer operating knowledge-Microsoft word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of working with camera/downloading info into computer. (Will receive training)
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential patient information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, patients, and clients.
- Ability to follow precise direction, instructions, and system protocols.
- Ability to provide friendly, timely service to all patients and/or clients with questions or concerns.
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assignments and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist physician, NP and RN in seeing post-op, follow-up, and new patients.
- Remove sutures, change dressings, remove JP drains, remove staples.
- Set-up and assist with minor procedures, collect specimens
- Take new patient photos and enter demographics into database
- Ability to use Nextech for making appointments, checking on appointments, adding notes and in general good understanding of all Nextech functioning.
- Return patient phone calls with answers to inquiries for any reason
- Full understanding of all injectables and ability to teach clients about these products.
- Clean and sterilize instruments during clinical day along with other team members. Clean rooms at end of clinical day as needed with other team members. Launder robes and garments as needed for Clinic
All duties and responsibilities stated are essential job functions. Staff members may be required to perform additional job-related duties as assigned by management.
Apply for this position HERE.
For more information contact Kelly Verzillo